Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

Is it weird that my boyfriend of 1 year still has a profile photo on Facebook of him on vacation with his ex?

I know that most people say a photo is just a photo but it's not even a particularly good photo of him. It's been his profile photo since 2016.

It's a photo of him smiling at a tourist spot on vacation with his ex, the photo was taken by her.

He was engaged to her and they lived together and were together for 3 years but they've been broken up for 4 years now and it's still his profile photo.

Him and I have a lot of amazing photos together, we've been on dozens of trips in just a year. We've gone to Arizona, Iceland, Colorado and Oregon and I got some awesome shots of him alone and of us together.

Why not make his profile photo one that doesn't have to do with his ex??

**He's alone in the photo, she's not in it but she took the photo of him and he's smiling at her because she's behind the camera and they're on a romantic vacation.

** He actively uses his facebook account

Yes it does seem a little weird.

Ask him to remove it.

Than see his reaction.

I would find it a little odd if

he is always using FB but if he

rarely is on there than it's fine.

Well does he still use Facebook? If no or rarely then that explains it. If yes then it may be that he just posts stuff and does not want to mess with other settings. Just ask him about it. The photo wad taken by her she was not even in it and maybe he likes it and it could have meaning to him or something. Who knows I think your overthinking it. Okay then its him smiling thats it. She is not in it and maybe he likes that photo of him as his profile photo. Big deal

Itsjust Facebook, not a big deal, not like he’s got it in his wallet or on the dresser. I hate my ex, however theee a picture I love with the dogs at the park, I still have it posted it I hate his guts. I don’t have it up in pinged we will get back together, for all I care he can drop dead and rot from the face of the earth. I can’t morph his ugly face off of it but I do love the photo with the dogs and myself at the national park since he’s pretty much in the center of the picture.

Have you told him how much this picture bothers you and you would appreciate him moving it? Complaining and whining about it makes you seem like a ****** but if you calmly tell him that it bothers you that he prefers the picture of him and his ex over a picture of you he might take it down, however it’s nothing to fight over, he cannot erase his past life and pretend it never happened. Bing jealous of an ex isn’t very mature, uncles he is in constant contact with her.

• I don't think it's weird. I have a facebook to keep in touch with old coworkers and family members, but I very rarely post anything on it or update it. I just don't care about it very much. My profile picture was taken my my ex husband in 2010. My current husband and I have been married for 6-7 years and have two toddlers.

If he still uses Facebook and is on it then that's probably a lot of cause for concern... But if he doesn't even get on Facebook then I say don't worry about it.