My wife is mad because i'm not being as controlling as she is about our 18 year old almost 19 year old son. what is wrong with her?

Ever since my son got his first car he's been out everyday. I think he doesn't want to be home because wife is very controlling and she flies off the handle about everything. She's like this with all of our kids. especially our 26 year old daughter. she lost her mind when our daughter went on vacation... show more Ever since my son got his first car he's been out everyday. I think he doesn't want to be home because wife is very controlling and she flies off the handle about everything. She's like this with all of our kids. especially our 26 year old daughter. she lost her mind when our daughter went on vacation with her boyfriend. MY wife said whenever my son is out he never answers his phone and she can't stand that. He always answers the phone for me but never my wife. lately our son has been spending the night at his friend's house. about 3 nights he was at his friends house. my wife said he cannot be out everyday and she forbids him to drive his car anymore. She said he's not allowed to spend the night at his buddies either. our son was like " this is why i need my own place." and my wife was like "you're only 18, you don't need your own place. you just don't like rules.you're going to mes your life up, i had a bad dream about you too." my wife confronted me and was like "do you want this kind of life for your son. no career, having sex with all of these women, out here on the streets just hanging out with his buddies." I was like " i doubt he's having sex with a lot of women, mabye only 1.he's 18 and still trying to figure out his life and find out who he is. don't be so hard on him." my wife also doesn't want him spending the night at a girl house. I was like " I can't tell him how to live his life and if he has the funds i'm not going to stop him from moving out. he's 18."