Do I still have Aspergers/HFA?

I was diagnosed with general Autism at 4y old, mainly due to speech issued and over sensitivity to sounds and textures. By the age of 7, most of those issues went away, but I was redial noses with either Aspergers or HFA (I can't remember which one), due to not being able to read faces, trouble with eye... show more I was diagnosed with general Autism at 4y old, mainly due to speech issued and over sensitivity to sounds and textures. By the age of 7, most of those issues went away, but I was redial noses with either Aspergers or HFA (I can't remember which one), due to not being able to read faces, trouble with eye contact, not understanding jokes, over obsessing on certain topic, and frequent meltdowns. These issues caused me to not feeling the need to socialize, therefore not having friends. I'm now 17, and I have noticed that I've made huge improvements. I no longer have much trouble with eye contact, I can mostly read faces, I don't have meltdowns, and I'm now just starting to make friends. I still have some issues though. I still like to be alone, I over obsess, have major anxiety, usually the last to understand a joke, and don't know when to stop talking. I've received a lot of social skills training in school, so that helped a lot. I've also never really been bullied. So do I still have aspergers/HFA, or not?
2 answers 2