Why am I so unhappy with life?

I've a loving family and I'm happily married, but the sadness just doesn't go away. It began during college which was 5 years ago. That's when I started comparing myself to others. I'm extremely unhappy with myself to this day. I consider myself ugly and dumb compared to other people. I look so... show more I've a loving family and I'm happily married, but the sadness just doesn't go away. It began during college which was 5 years ago. That's when I started comparing myself to others. I'm extremely unhappy with myself to this day. I consider myself ugly and dumb compared to other people. I look so awful without makeup, dark circles, while other girls are flawless without makeup. I'm also an introvert so I never had much friends. Nobody ever invited me to anything. I was never that special friend to anyone while people were living their best life.

College went how I wanted it to be, got my degree, internship, a job and got married. What could possibly be wrong? Idk man. My husband has caught me many times being sad even tho I tried my best to not let it show. How do I explain someone when idk what's wrong? It feels like I've bottle things up for so long that now it's impossible for the bottle to burst.