How long does it take to get enough seniority to go to first shift?

I graduated from college 4 years ago. I was laid off from my warehouse supervisor job 11 weeks ago. I had about 10 interviews, but they’re for jobs that I don’t want because they’re all second shift. My last job was first shift. What I’m now finding out is that you can eventually go to first shift when you get... show more I graduated from college 4 years ago.

I was laid off from my warehouse supervisor job 11 weeks ago. I had about 10 interviews, but they’re for jobs that I don’t want because they’re all second shift. My last job was first shift.

What I’m now finding out is that you can eventually go to first shift when you get seniority and the first shift warehouse supervisor quits. But, how long does that usually take? How long would I have to work second shift before I get “promoted” to first shift? I want to have a wife and kids. I want to have a life.