Advice on quiting the football team?

I am a sophomore nearing end of the school year I haven t liked football since 8th grade I joined highschool football hoping a change of competition would ignite that spark again that I used to feel for the sport but it hasn t. I absolutely dread football at this point I can barley stand to watch games anymore which is crazy to me considering football used to be my dream. I am a 2 year starter on the offensive line I play center. I m starting to feel depressed I feel like I m trying so hard to please everyone at my school coaches players friends everyone but myself I wanna enjoy my remaining highschool years not dread them. My coach has invested time in me and he s a real hot head I have no idea how he ll react I just know it won t be good my parents are supportive so it s not like I ll have problems with my parents or anything it just comes down to I hate what I m doing but quiting will let everyone down and probably ruin my relationship with my coach I know this probably sounds stupid but I figured I d see what other people thought of the situation spring balls coming up I m going to finish that I won t just spring it on him right before but after that is my only time to tell him if someone was in a similar situation I d appreciate if you let me know what you did. -michael

• Huh?

Just tell him you don't enjoy the game anymore, and that you're quitting the team. If your school term ends at the time of the spring ball that would probably be thew best time to give him the bad news.

• Alan H

Just leave!