Advice on quiting the football team?

I am a sophomore nearing end of the school year I haven t liked football since 8th grade I joined highschool football hoping a change of competition would ignite that spark again that I used to feel for the sport but it hasn t. I absolutely dread football at this point I can barley stand to watch games anymore... show more I am a sophomore nearing end of the school year I haven t liked football since 8th grade I joined highschool football hoping a change of competition would ignite that spark again that I used to feel for the sport but it hasn t. I absolutely dread football at this point I can barley stand to watch games anymore which is crazy to me considering football used to be my dream. I am a 2 year starter on the offensive line I play center. I m starting to feel depressed I feel like I m trying so hard to please everyone at my school coaches players friends everyone but myself I wanna enjoy my remaining highschool years not dread them. My coach has invested time in me and he s a real hot head I have no idea how he ll react I just know it won t be good my parents are supportive so it s not like I ll have problems with my parents or anything it just comes down to I hate what I m doing but quiting will let everyone down and probably ruin my relationship with my coach I know this probably sounds stupid but I figured I d see what other people thought of the situation spring balls coming up I m going to finish that I won t just spring it on him right before but after that is my only time to tell him if someone was in a similar situation I d appreciate if you let me know what you did. -michael
2 answers 2