Should I tell him about this?

My friend mentioned in a conversation a couple days ago that process server was looking for him, so he thinks there’s a bill he missed. I told him they’ll eventually get him, and he said he knows. I wanted to help him out, so I looked up court records to see who might be after him so I can give him a heads-up. ... show more My friend mentioned in a conversation a couple days ago that process server was looking for him, so he thinks there’s a bill he missed. I told him they’ll eventually get him, and he said he knows. I wanted to help him out, so I looked up court records to see who might be after him so I can give him a heads-up. Turns out his ex-wife has reopened their divorce case. I don’t think he knows because he said he thought it was from an old bill or something. I didn’t tell him I was going to look it up. I assumed it would be a minor thing like he thought and would be no big deal to tell him. Now I’m afraid to tell him because what if he’s mad that I looked it up and found that? The possibility that he committed fraud in his divorce aside, should I warn him? Or should I just wait and let him find out? Gut reaction is to tell the truth and support my friend, but I’m afraid I’ll get thrown under the bus for trying to help. What should I do?
8 answers 8