Alright, I'll cut to the chase.....is whole-wheat pasta a food that's high in tryptophan?

I would eat it a few times and feel sleepy afterwards.....

Tryptophan is a chemical found in turkey and some other foods that induces sleepiness.

What do you think? No trolling please.

Yes indeed it is high in tryptophan just like other whole grains

No. It's just a carb. Carbs sometimes put you to sleep, especially if you're starving and eat a big meal.

• Janet

Interesting. I don't know.

But I DO know that when I made egg rolls (using peanut butter and cornstarch to thicken the veggies in the rolls), BOTH times we all fell asleep within 15 minutes after eating. And the one of those time, we have 4 people over for supper.

And there was no turkey in those egg rolls.

It may not be tryptophan that produces this effect for you.

And your response to whole-wheat pasta is not universal ... it doesn't make me sleepy.

• Andy C

Tryptophan is more than just a chemical found in turkey. It is one of the essential amino acids that we get from most animal products.

Tryptophan is neccessary for your body to function and does not make you sleepy. Overeating at Thanksgiving causes lethargy.

No plant products have every essential amino acid that we require. I do not believe wheat has tryptophan.

• kelvin

no it isn't

@Anonymous troll: There are plenty of other places to troll,and this question is not one of them. Goodbye.