If we're being completely honest, you wouldn't consider the number of men displaying signs of attraction toward you to be a problem, unless you found many of them unattractive.
People are attracted to others for a variety of different–and highly individual–reasons. To generalize, men are attracted to women who have a healthy appearance and physique, and are of childbearing age. Beyond looks, men are also attracted to displays of an ideal (again, highly individual) combination of boldness and vulnerability on the part of the woman.
If you wish to have less unwanted _attention_ in general directed toward you, I suggest that you do the following:
- Overhaul your wardrobe. Replace sleeveless tops, tight-fitting bottoms, dresses and skirts that are tight or are of above-knee length, etc. with clothes that are less revealing. This absolutely does not mean that you need to dress like your grandmother. Look at the new arrivals section of an Old Navy catalog to get an example of what should look good for any occasion without being sexy.
- Apply a similar strategy for your fitness routine. Sometimes, women at gyms complain about leering strangers, yet they wear skin-tight short shorts and sports training bras. Replace this with a comfortable t-shirt and sweat pants; you're there to maintain fitness, not show off.
- Some of the larger gyms (many of them chains) are exceptionally well-lit, sometimes to the point of having spotlights directly over the equipment. Some may even have the temperature set higher than what would be ideal for strenuous activity (e.g. about as warm as an average retail business). These are intentional tactics designed to attract and maintain a young, urban customer base. Consider taking your business elsewhere.
- Consider bringing a friend to entertainment venues or alcohol-serving establishments in general, even restaurants. Men are less likely to approach you cold when you are accompanied by someone.
- Date friends of friends. The men in this group will be vetted by the people you already know and trust, and are more likely to be attracted to you for the right reasons.
I hail from Mars.