What do you think about Jehovah's Witnesses? I am a Catholic who lives in Poland, I have just returned from the Memorial Ceremony?

What do you think about Jehovah's Witnesses? I am a Catholic who lives in Poland, I have just returned from the Memorial of the Death of Christ.

This is the second such ceremony in which I participated.

For two years, the elder Jehovah's Witnesses have been doing biblical study for me, I was reluctant at first, I told the gentleman that I'm not going to change my faith, but I can agree to this Bible study.

Awesome.... You know the best way to show appreciation for the sacrifice Jesus made is be remembering it and celebrating it with like-minded people. Keep up your studies and don't hesitate to ask questions. Research and meditating on what you learn is the best way to true wisdom.

Be assured that both Jehovah and Jesus want you to know the truth and attain everlasting life. John 17:3.

• 7 months agoReport

JW are fake wannabe Christians

Boy did you get an ear full with this question, I would answer you using one scripture and that's (1 Corinthians 3:6) I planted, A·polʹlos watered, but God kept making it grow,

Whenever anyone has a heart condition that is acceptable to the true God the truth will grow because it's from God and not someone's opinion!

I tend not to ask others their opinion with matters of importance, what I do is research what the Bible says and when I'm being told something and then shown something to back that up it's then when I make up my mind! There are so many different beliefs out there it can be mind-boggling! 1 John 5:19 says the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one and Ephesians 4:5-6 says there is only one faith so make sure whatever you do and whoever you are talking with proves what they are saying using God's word! Millions upon millions go to church every Sunday but do not know what the Bible says!

• Zhu

They're pretty boring

• I have been with them since 1995 and Baptized since 1998, there is no other place to be.

• Megumi

Ther are many much better places to be.

What I *know* is that they're modern Arian heretics on the road to hell for denying the Trinity, teaching a false Gospel, and violating the prohibition against tampering with Scripture by making their own text.

Their New World Translation -- full of accidental misinterpretations due to shoddy scholarship and deliberate mistranslations for the purpose of supporting their unbiblical teaching -- is considered heretical by Christian churches.

And if you're a Catholic, I'm the Queen of England.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Kilroy J

'Greek Orthodox Christian' is an oxymoron.

We have the truth and it will lead to everlasting life that is soon to come. We believe what Jehovah says will come true at Isaiah (Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I sent it to do.

God’s promises never sink into oblivion, for he is the Most High, and he ensures their fulfillment. Using the natural water cycle as an illustration, the Bible explains that the fulfillment of God’s promises is inevitable: “Just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, . . . so my word [God’s word] that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.” (Isaiah 55:10, 11) God makes promises to humans. A certain amount of time may pass before those promises are realized, but they do not fall by the wayside. They “return” to him having accomplished all that was uttered.

Jehovah certainly “delighted” in creating the earth for mankind. At the end of the sixth creative day, he declared that everything was “very good.” (Genesis 1:31) The transformation of the earth into a lasting paradise is part of the divine purpose that has not yet been accomplished. Nevertheless, God’s promises ‘will not return to him without results.’ All the promises of perfect life on earth, where humans will live eternally in peace and security, will be fulfilled.—Psalm 135:6; Isaiah 46:10.

Keep on praying and let Jehovah guide and direct you in the way of the truth. Very soon you will see your decision to do Jehovah's God will was the right decision.

Source(s): The Bible
    • coffee_pot12

cult...altered the Bible, ignore the Ten Commandments, ignore the Sabbath..just screwy

Jehovah's Witnesses are lovely and sincere people - but they are sincerely WRONG, especially about their unbiblical view that only 144,000 persons since the time of Jesus can be "anointed" or indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and that only they can claim to have Jesus as their mediator.

The vast majority of Witnesses have been EXCLUDED from the New Covenant, Christ Jesus is NOT their mediator and they seem to think that they don't NEED to be indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Why don't you ask them why they don't CELEBRATE the RESURRECTION of Christ Jesus on "Resurrection Sunday"? While you're at it, ask them why they DENY the bodily resurrection of Christ Jesus. And then start to do some independent Bible-based research into who Jesus Christ REALLY is.

Their Jesus is a created spirit creature whom they say is known in heaven as Michael the Archangel. You think a created angel can atone for the sins of the world? No way! Get out while you still can, is the best advice any Christian can give you.

• coffee_pot12

JW is a cult ...Jesus is fully GOD and fully HUMAN...a spirt??That is an insult to GOD the father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit...Christians follow a REAL RISEN SAVIOR!!and we keep Sabbath!!

Only the Bible can teach you the truth.

2Tim.3:16,17 "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."

John 14:12 "Whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these,"

Keep learning what the Bible teaches, you'll truley make Jehovah God proud, and the blessings you'll receive when you decide to learn more and practice what you have learned. You'll be imitating Jesus Christ.

Hope you enjoyed the Memorial!

• Megumi

The Bible has little truth. It is mainly quite poor fiction.

They don't know who Jesus is.

• 7 months agoReport

Christianity is the onlly real religion

• yesmar

Those I know are fine people. I don’t agree with their theology, but to each his own.

Source(s): Jesus follower