Jo
Jo asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 year ago

Why are Humans the only race who kill their own kind?

I never got this, is it because we're not as smart or 'civil' as we like to believe? How can humans be so arrogant when animals are so much more empathetic and thoughtful for their own. If man is so smart, why are they always starting WARS?!

I think people hosting here are blinded by their human arrogance, animals do *not* kill their own.

I'm sick of people making up 'facts' just to think that humans are better than everyone else.

EGO is a main issue with a lot of human kind.

• Cousin

You know nothing about wolves.

• Athena

Your ignorance of the natural world is impressive.

Animals in general and "US" included do this. Especially animals (males) that fight for the female or even cannibalism. We all suck mostly. Are you some Gaia-beliver? That philosophy is just another religion. I recommend you get off that junk.

I think you mean ‘species’...not “race”... and we’re not the only one that kills its own.. Some females of other species also kill their young, for example, as do human females through abortion, neglect, intentional harm, etc.

I think that this human evilness is all in our head. I think it doesn't exist, that we are just confused and act accordingly to that mental state. That's why animals, as another answerer said, can be violent towards themselves too.

To me the universe just calmly watches this all and says "oh, that's interesting", with no prejudices and discontentment. Now, is it awful for so many humans to be the way they are? It's awful for us, their fellow humans, since our life gets greatly affected by it, so we should try to change. However, for the universe, it should truly be more like the way I described previously.

They are not in many types the males fight to the death tale over the herd or pride.

• KJC

Humans aren't the only ones that kill their own kind.

Because greed leads to supdity and evil characters

• Male lions will kill the young of male lions when they take over a pride

Animals do indeed kill their own kind. Even insects do. They also steal. Gorillas, and certain other species who have sexual rules in their society, will also cheat sexually sometimes. Some animals also hunt in packs. Humans do about the same things, just better organized and with weapons. And too, ALL humans do not initiate wars. Most humans are kind and do care for others.