Are computer speakers compatible with a scanner?

I'm looking at a basic set of Logtech speakers on Amazon, cheap ones for $20. it has a 3.5mm jack like my scanner, Question is, Will they work if I plug them into my scanner?

It depends on the scanner's output jack.

Many scanners (older ones) have jacks for "mono" headphones and/or recorders.

Connecting a pair of computer speakers to one of these will result in sound coming from

only one speaker (the left one, if the plug is wired conventionally).

More recent scanners have jacks for "stereo" headphones and/or recorders.

These will deliver sound to both speakers; however, it will be one channel fed to both, not stereo.

In any case, you can connect whatever you have without concern for potential damage.

• Marcus1 year agoReport

Uniden BC75xlt. It's not new, but it aint old either. you can get one brand new for 75 dollars or around there.

• khalil

an ordinary speaker will be ok.

some talking scanners say .. scanning started

scanning ended and happened errors

Yes your computer speakers will work fine plugged into a 3.5mm headphone jack of your scanner receiver..

• Tony B

A scanner? The only kind of scanner I know of makes copies of an image on a sheet of paper. There's no audio output.

Please update your question and explain.

Most scanners make an image of a sheet of paper. No audio out.

If you have some other type of scanner (with some unknown maker and model number) maybe it might work with computer speakers.

If the scanner 3.5mm socket works with headphones, the PC speakers will also work fine.

(Not knowing what scanner you have, I cannot know what the socket on it is for).

• Marcus1 year agoReport

Uniden Bearcat 75xlt. I have used earbuds with it, I'm pretty sure my turtle beaches will work.

So If I have your word, than thanks.