Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 year ago

If America wants to raise the birthrate, shouldn't we fund pensions to married women with more than two kids and tax birth control?

Update:

My thought is to have the tax revenue from the birth control then go to help pay for the monthly pensions to married women with more than two children.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

In principle I agree. Something needs to be done to raise the status and economic position of women who choose to be mothers. Women who have children shouldn't have to pay income tax till all of their children are 18.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Why should we want to raise the birthrate? That went out when we became an advanced society, rather than a banana republic.

• Give tax breaks for White couples to have more than two kids.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Historically the US has filled this void with immigration, I don't see that trend changing in one of the most multicultural countries on earth

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

With current demographics, taxing contraceptives would defeat the purpose of raising the birthrate in the first place.

I like the idea of subsidizing married women with above-replacement fertility, though. It's similar to what Orban is doing in Hungary.

• 1 year ago

Yes. And, JJ, abortion should be eliminated, even for rape victims and poor folk who cannot afford birth control and just keep having babies that they have to support with welfare. Yes. Great idea!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.