My husband and I want to try to have a baby. This will be our first cycle trying.Has anyone gotten pregnant 1st time trying. We are so ready?

I got married and became sexually active in July. It took me until September to get pregnant, and we tried everyday. I lost that pregnancy however, and multiple miscarriages after. It took me four years to have my sweet little boy because I didn't give up. I have endometriosis so it makes it harder. But, yes, you can get pregnant your first cycle! Statistics shows you have a 15 to 20% chance of getting pregnant each month if you have sex around ovulation. If you aren't sure when you ovulate, if you have a 28 day cycle... count fourteen days after that, and that's when you should ovulate. Have sex days before that. If you wait until the day you ovulate then you can miss getting pregnant that month! If you want to know for sure when you ovulate, get ovulation tests. They're next to pregnancy tests in drugstores. It will tell you for sure.

It's possible to get pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex, so good luck! I hope you get pregnant very soon. Congratulations on trying for a baby! They're the biggest blessing in the whole world.

• Jim

My wife got pregnant with our first child the first time we had unprotected sex. (I have super sperm)

I was trying for the last few months to get pregnant. I used Geritol and pre seed and that didnt work. In July 2018 I started drinking "Get Pregnant Fertility Tea" from secrets of tea after my menses finished. I dont know really if it was the tea or not but🤗🤗🤗 Sep 8th I found out I was pregnant.

• John P

Ask the girls who have accidentally got pregnant after one boozy one-night-stand. At the other end of the spectrum, ask why there are many fertility clinics in business.

Good luck.

• Etta

It took me almost 3 years when I was young fit and healthy but my daughter was a teen when they used the pull out method and she got pregnant first time.

• Pippin

Didn't happen for us, but certainly many women have gotten pregnant the first month. And many women not for 6-8-12 months or more.

Be patient.

It can happen. After all, some teenagers get pregnant the very first time they ever have sex. (and they aren't even trying)

Relax - have fun - enjoy having sex at least every other day during the entire cycle and you will greatly increase your chances.

No need to "track" anything until you have not had success just by having sex often.

• Tri-Harder
      1 year agoReport

You are absolutely correct, no NEED to track. The point is just that it increases your chances.

Well the first question is how you plan to go about it. If you're going to use an app/online calendar or count days, your chances are going to be much lower.

If you're going to chart (and have at least a few months experience charting to know what to look for and what your personal patterns and symptoms are) and time sex accordingly, you will have a 20-25% chance of pregnancy.

• LizB

Nope.

• God

It happens, but don't be too discouraged if you don't. Typically it can take up to a year. Good luck!