What is the best way to delete a computer virus?

M8 pls answer this there is a f*cking virus in my computer I need to get rid of that ****** otherwise I will get rekt.

• keerok

Format then reinstall everything from scratch.

My last malware was early 2008.

How did I fix it?.... easy as pie- I switched to Ubuntu. No issues yet- not in 11 years.

Every computer virus is different. There is no one "fix" for all of them. Each one has to be removed differently.

You would need to identify the virus that has infected your computer. Then ggole that virus and you will be able to find specific steps for removing it.

There are dozens of free programs you can download that will remove most viruses for you. Malwarebytes is one of my favorites. Simply download, install and run the free version of it. It should find and remove the virus for you. Or at least alert you to which virus it is.

But there is no "one fix" for all viruses.

Have you gone to your Network and Internet on Control panel....go to delete history/ settings/view files/hit organize and select all/ organize and delete…..go back hit advance restore default settings and hit reset and delete clear system.....go to management/tool bar and turn off any that look suspicious...I suggest all of them....go to program and just see if you have something added that shouldn't be there.... reboot and see if that don't clear your system out by placing it back to normal operating....if not recheck again....

There are over sixty millions known different types of malware that can infect Windows machines.

There is no one single "fix"...

Run ccleaner first to remove all old temp files; some types of malware hide in there.

Also remove all "toolbars" and add-ons from your web browsers.

Then try these, in sequence. Download them to a USB stick on a different machine, then once they are installed disconnect the internet connection on the infected machine, whilst you run them:

Malwarebytes anti-malware

Superantispyware

Combofix

The first two come from sites of the same name. Get combofix from Major Geeks, here:

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/combofix.htm...

You may have to rename them on the USB stick before they will work, some malware blocks them from running under their real names.