I like her but I don't want to have sex with her.?

Here's the thing. A couple of weeks ago I met a girl. We hit it off pretty much immediately. Since then we've gone out on a few dates.

She's genuinely amazing. I think the world of her. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and she's really interesting. She's attentive and is very inquisitive towards me. I've never been able to be myself as easily around people as I am with her.

So you get the idea. I like her a lot.

Now the problem is that I'm a little confused.

I like her this much and I'm seriously attracted to her, but I can't seem to get any sexual desire for her.

Whenever I've dated women in the past I've always had some kind of sexual thoughts about them, but just the idea of it with this girl seems dirty. Previously I'd be proud if one of my mates said my girlfriend is hot, but now I'd be angry.

Instead of having sexual fantasies about her, I find myself thinking about just talking to her or being around her instead.

Now I obviously really like her. And it's not like I'd be against having sex with her or anything. It's just that there's no desire for it that worries me.

To be accurate it doesn't worry me, but it's more that I'm a bit confused as to why I feel this way. I feel like this is new territory for me and that I need some clarity.

So if anyone could lend a hand and help me figure out what this is, that'd be great. Or if anyone else has experienced something like this, please do share.

Thanks in advance.

• Nobody

I think you're placing too much emphasis on sex and you should give her and yourself more time. After all, you just met her and for all you know you might be passing up something really good. As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.

I think it's because she's so perfect in your eyes that you are putting her on a pedestal, like some kind of untouchable goddess. You feel unworthy and that's why you are either nervous of sex with her or feel she may even reject you as unworthy. You need to see her as more human being than goddess to get over this. Maybe knowing her for a little longer might help.

you met some one you respect go with it.