Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 year ago

Am I correct to assume that someone typing with all ten of their fingers is five times faster than someone using only two fingers?

In other words, that touch tying is five times faster than peck typing.

No, you actually shouldn't assume that. People can put in the effort and do practically anything nowadays.

• Andy T

No I doubt that.

• Steven

It can only possible by regular practice and someone is in typing job.

For me I can type about 55wpm solid up to 80wpm bursts when hunting and pecking and for touch typing around 80wpm up to about 120wpm burts if that helps.

its hard for me i can only use two of my fingers to type something up

• Dick

"Touch Typing" with all fingers is unquestionably faster than pecking with 1 or 2 fingers. For example: I took typing in high school and really liked it. At the end of the school year I was typing 65 wpm (words per minute) without mistakes. I was a radio teletype operator in the service so typing again served me well. In my professional career as an engineer in electronics I was once again a lifesaver. I always typed my own memos, and letters instead of feeding hand written copies to the secretary. So my point is since everybody is on the computer these days everybody should take typing as a credit course. Why a credit course ... if your grade will affect your scholastic average then you'll make an effort to learn it properly and become proficient at it. That's MHO.

Source(s): 58 Years of Very Good Typing Skills !
  • keerok

Might be faster than that even. Touch typists can type without looking at the keyboard so their eyes remain on whatever they're copying or on what they're typing.

Some of us with big hands can only touch type with 8 fingers, the thumbs only reaching the space bar. I'm much faster than 5x than someone typing with just 2 fingers! Just consider that when you type with more fingers there is also much less finger travel.

• MIKE

not necessarilly but yes, 10 finger typists are faster most of the time

No. You don't account for synergism.