Have you ever not made the cut for something?

I didn't make the cut for the play in 6th grade. I remember moving on, but also wishing I could have made it. I had really liked acting, even if I was only an extra in scenes. We had too many kids for everyone to make it though. I made it in 7th and 8th grade though. I didn't make the cut for the... show more I didn't make the cut for the play in 6th grade. I remember moving on, but also wishing I could have made it. I had really liked acting, even if I was only an extra in scenes. We had too many kids for everyone to make it though. I made it in 7th and 8th grade though.

I didn't make the cut for the volleyball team in 9th grade. That didn't bother me. I had tried out on whim. I did feel bad about my parents spending $25 on tryout fees, and then my friend felt bad she made it, but I didn't. I told her not to feel bad though.

In 10th grade I didn't make the school play. It was the first time not everyone would make it. Seniors would make it though. I tried again in 11th grade as well. I enjoyed the tryout process both times, feeling at home there. I was devastated not to make it, but moved on and wrote for the newspaper.