What are the worst parts of job hunting?

I'm casually job hunting right now. I have a job, but it doesn't pay enough. At least not for moving out on your own. I would need at least two roommates if I wanted to live in a good area. Connecticut is expensive.

A year and a half ago I was actually applying places, but then stopped. I'm 26 now. I scroll past job listings, but I get self conscious about of it's even worth it to apply. I didn't used to be like this. I just don't want to deal with interviews even though I handle them well, or trial periods, or possibly messing up on the job. I'm 2 years and 4 months into my current job so I'm pretty good with the rhythm.

*if it's. Not of it's.

Your attitude!

The worst part of job hunting is being rejected after having the right combination of training and experience, and having what seems like great, positive interviews. In some career areas there are more qualified people than there are job openings.

I encourage you take a good look at what is going on in your life. Your post suggests that you've lost motivation and self-confidence. Those could be symptoms of depression. There is nothing "wrong" with staying in a job for several years. That noted, you seem to feel that you need to advance in some way in order to earn more money. IF that is the case, then you either need to uncover ways to get promoted or earn a raise at your current employer, change jobs, or develop the skills needed to do a different job.

• Stella

You have a job so you're in somewhat of a comfort zone right now.

It's natural to be wary of risking that by changing your situation.

But as you've realized your current job is not good enough for the long term.

The worst part is when employers say that you need relevant experience.

Not finding a good enough job (if one at all)