Do you believe Jesus was a teacher & guide showing how to be a good Christian or we to worship him like he IS God?

• Al

After my Near Death Experience and meeting with Jesus, I equated him to be like a Brother and a Teacher, never to be worshiped, my first instinct was to fall to my knees but he picked me up and never made me feel small, I did learn that Religion did corrupt my thinking and gave me a biased perspective, I literally had to relearn everything over a 40 year span, the closest thing I found that is 100% in alignment with what I felt in his presence can be found in the book " a course in miracles " ......this book should be read as a precursor to understand how our minds work and why we put the Kingdom of God outside ourselves and separate from God when in reality, separation is impossible.... The only thing you could ever worship is an idol, because your desires are cast outward and not inward in truth.

When Jesus claimed to be the "Son of God", the Hebrew audience understood this to mean He was equating Himself to God (see Jn 5:18). According to the Bible, He also received worship and has the authority to forgive sins. So if He was a "teacher & guide", He taught that He is God. Therefore, a "good Christian" owes Him worship.

• jimmy

If Jesus did exist, I think he was a revolutionary for that time. I really don't think that gods had anything to do with it

• Eli

Jesus never claim that people worship him. Although he is God he was constantly referring to worship his father.. Yes he is the best teacher ever. Look his teachings are still influencing us in our way to live and even some governments use the bible as reference to establish good laws

HE DID TEACH HIS DISCIPLES AND YES HE IS GOD!!! SEE MATT 28:19

He never intended to found a religion.

I believe Jesus was a teacher and guide showing us how to be good people.

He was perhaps a teacher but I don't buy into the divinity thing or magic. The thing is regardless if you think that he is divine or not, or if he performed miracles or not, not many people actually follow his teachings (even those that do think he's divine are more interested in intimidating others into joining the club rather than spreading love and tolerance). I don't see much love coming from the majority of his followers these days. That, to me at least, is the important part of his message, not "burn in hell" to all the people who don't follow along.

Lack of evidence indicates he never existed.

Both