How can we say Jesus IS GOD when on earth he spoke about God being his father? That makes no sense to me.?

Jesus is the second part of the Triune Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, All with different rolls to play but in total agreement and purpose. If I confuse anyone I'm sorry.

Of course it doesn't. Study the Bible, and see if clarity doen't come. God is a spirit, but Jesus is God's only human-born Son.

In all creation Father and son represents the son as produced by the Father. Same with our heavenly Father. He produced his Son Jesus. But, Jesus has God like powers but not equal with his Father. Thus Jesus is Mighty, Jehovah is Almighty.

• Al

Religions put some pretty crazy twist on this idea about who Jesus is, Hasn't it dawned on any Christians that Jesus may have been implying that we are like him, that the Kingdom of God is within us as well? Luke 17:21 ?

He said, I myself do NOTHING! the thing's I do you can do and greater! I would say Jesus was employing the fact we are all the sons of God, you got to remember it was the Roman Church that deified Jesus as God, not Jesus disciples, this has been a perpetuated lie in Religion in order to keep the Kingdom of God Outward and never Inward.

John identifies him as Jesus Christ the Son of God, and John became one of his twelve apostles. Today there are men who use John’s writings about the Word to argue that Jesus Christ was more than God’s Son, that he was God himself and that he became a God-Man. One saying of Jesus that these Trinity teachers use in arguing that Jesus himself claimed to be God is found in John 10:30, reading: “I and my Father are one.”

However, in the argument that followed between Jesus and the Jews he proved that he had by no means said that he was God. Jesus explained: “I said, I am the Son of God.”

Source(s): “The Word”—Who Is He? According to John jw.org

So many different things have been said about Jesus of Nazareth, that it is almost painfully obvious that IF a God of INFINITE POWER does exist, He/She/It/They don't CARE enough to USE that Power to straighten out, once and for all, ANY of those statements.

You're right, it doesn't make sense.

You can't make sense out of nonsense.

I'm just going to have to copy and paste my answer about the trinity.

Read Luke Chapter 1 and John Chapter 17. Then realize that the "essence" or "divine nature" attaches to the Holy Three, much like "Smith" attaches to Mr., Mrs., and Jr.