Is it wrong for me to feel this way?

My friend group and I (4 in total) go to college together and we're pretty close. 2 of them room together, and the other one and I room together, but we're all planning on rooming together next year.

But everyone has favorites. And sometimes I wonder if I'm any of their favorites in the group. Tbh I do consider my current roommate my closest guy friend, but idk if he feels the same way. Anyway, is there a way to become someone's favorite friend, and is it wrong for me to feel this way?

Thanks.

There is no METHOD to becoming someone's best friend, it just happens naturally over time, or it doesn't. As for being right or wrong to feel that way, there is no right or wrong when it comes to feelings. You feel how you feel. What difference does it make whether or not someone approves of how you feel?

• steve

Of course it is. They are all your friends so why is it important to be someones special friend?

I grew up with about 15 close friends, some closer than others. I did nothing to be close to them other than be myself and they did nothing to be close to me it just happened.

You can't force someone to like you more than everyone else.

Just be yourself and the friendships will develop and one or even someone else will emerge s your best friend.

wow! you are very needy

It is not wrong to feel that way and hang out with them more and be nicer to them too but if you ever feel like there taking advantage of you stop being there friend and if they don’t take advantage of you that’s good but also don’t be clingy