Should I tell him he's my best friend even if it's not reciprocated?

So I met my friend in college and we're living in an apartment together on campus. We're part of a group of 4 of us guys who are all close, but to be honest I'm closer to my roommate than the other 2 guys. And I realized that he is probably my best guy friend. I kinda feel like telling him, just saying how he's my best bro or something. Only thing is idk if it's reciprocated (obviously from the question). I also don't want to say it and then it be awkward because I'm not his.

How do you recommend telling someone they're your best friend without the fear of their not saying it back? (and yeah, I over-think everything)

Thanks!

Just be like “YOU THE BEST BROOOO” randomly something IN THE HOUSE...WITH NO ONE ELS LISTENING

Cook him a nice dinner, get some candles. Make sure your other room mates are gone. Turn down the lights, lean in real close and whisper it in his ear...