Do you ever wish you had certain childhood experiences?

I'm 26 and a female from suburban Connecticut. I survived an abusive bipolar father and managed to graduate college 3 years ago and get a drivers license. I function. I work. I was once an extremely quiet kid who just wanted the hitting to stop. Now I'm an adult dealing with the aftermath of being raised... show more I'm 26 and a female from suburban Connecticut. I survived an abusive bipolar father and managed to graduate college 3 years ago and get a drivers license. I function. I work. I was once an extremely quiet kid who just wanted the hitting to stop.
Now I'm an adult dealing with the aftermath of being raised by a crazy person. Self esteem issues, not feeling adult enough, among other things. People tell me I'm mature, but inside I feel stuck at age 12.

The childhood experiences I wish I had were normal outings with friends or even my family. My parents didn't have a lot of money so activities were limited. I also wasn't allowed to sleep over other kids houses. I couldn't really have kids over either. My Dad was crazy and it wasn't safe to bring people around.

I did have some beautiful kid moments. Some kids my age in my younger cousins neighborhood let me hang out with them when I came over.

I didn't date growing up. Something I was extremely ashamed of at the time. Every year I'd think I could change things, especially in high school, but when I was single again I just kind of accepted it. This sound awful, but I can talk about my Dad hitting me and be completely fine, but admitting I didn't date during those years is a constant shame I carry.

What childhood experiences do you wish you had?