a diverse world we have different cultures do you think it's very good that the royal family have a new member like Meghan she's beautiful?

I think it's nice for the family to embrace some level of diversity, but to me Meghan's age and pre-royal occupation are the real "scandal". Historically royals avoided "theatre people" and a royal marriage to anyone over the age of 30 was generally a second marriage for a much older royal. Such as when Catherine Parr married Henry VIII at age 31 (when he was significantly older).

Whenever a see a new member of the royal family, I think "we're gonna need a longer wall".

• Linda

When it comes to Royalty - they tend to stick to their own kind and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

• Clo

It is a good thing.

It is sad to see that there are still racist, ignorant, intolerant folk.

She's a gold digger only after the money. Monarchy should be abolished.

But she is the same as they are, devoid of personality. Will the Royals ever sign a Muslim?? it wont ever happen.

No she is tarnishing the Royal Family just like the Jewish girl, a pair of gold diggers.

Diversity is absolutely fine by me, but it's important to remember that beauty does not last. Would you describe the queen as 'beautiful', now? And she was pleasant looking but not a raving beauty when young. The royal family is about leadership and loyalty to Britain. It remains as Britain's head of state by setting an example we want to follow. When it stops doing that, no matter how beautiful any of its members are, it will be rejected. And remember that Meghan is not royal by birth. Think how quickly Diana and Fergie were ousted from favour when their marriages broke down. The same fate would greet Meghan in a heartbeat if she fell from favour.

• Lili

She's very attractive, and yes, it's nice to see that the royal family has welcomed a woman of color into the fold.

I'm glad she can represent my culture being in such a lovely family makes me proud to be a minority in a diverse world like England