I left my bath running! It overflowed?

It was overflowing for about 15-30 mins and i only remembered/realised when it proceeded to rain down into my kitchen (: (: This was two days ago, I dried up all the water as quickly as possible from the bathroom and the dripping in the kitchen, left the heating on for 2 days straight as well as airing it out from... show more It was overflowing for about 15-30 mins and i only remembered/realised when it proceeded to rain down into my kitchen (: (: This was two days ago, I dried up all the water as quickly as possible from the bathroom and the dripping in the kitchen, left the heating on for 2 days straight as well as airing it out from time to time. It’s left water mark streaks on the ceiling and some on the wall but it’s left no cracks or bulging. It’s now all dry now and a few people I’ve asked said it will be fine now as it isn’t an occurring thing. I am just wondering if I needed to call a plumber out to assess any possible hidden damage? Or will I get away with just painting over the water stains?
12 answers 12