Look for info on leg cramps,.?

I run a little and stretch daily, but always have leg cramps. Usually I my calf but sometimes in the back of my thigh. My calf seem to get tighter over night when I sleep. It can take 20 mins of stretching just to walk mostly normal. I eat ok, salads, almost every day, a normal amount of water, a banana 4-5 times a week. And a green shake with poteen, Kelp, and seas weed 3-4 times a week. Any help is good.

• 1465

Define "a normal amount of water".

Leg cramps are the result of dehydration and more specifically, insufficient salt intake. Whenever the body loses water it loses salt, also. You may be replacing some of this water, but you're not replacing the salt.

Long ago in a faraway decade, doctors used to advise people to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Since the medical profession has become more profit-oriented, they have since started advising to drink plenty of "fluids". But "fluids" don't function the same and doesn't fulfill the body's needs.

Prevention is the most efficient way of dealing with the problem. Once the cramps start you have no recourse than to suffer.

You need to drink water throughout the day *and* increase your salt intake.

30 minutes before eating, dissolve 1/8 tsp of sea salt on your tongue followed by 16 oz of water to wash it down. Wait 2 hours and repeat with the salt and the water. This will get the salt in your system and keep you sufficiently hydrated. All-in-all this should be done at least 4 times during the day.

Not only will it prevent cramping, but it will also prevent many other issues.

You need more potassium and water. I would also recommend a deep tissue massage. Sometimes when our muscles tighten and shorten we need massage to help lengthen them and break up adhesions. No amount of stretching will correct this. I promise you will feel so much better. Ooh yes...what midnight run said...replace the electrolytes that you’ve expended.

Source(s): I’m a runner and a massage therapist.

ngzjgfyh

rilbvzlf

byvnrdas

rboywole