Can a be removed from my home?

My ex father in law helped me get a house but it’s in his name. I have been paying rent as well as The property tax for the past ten years. I have one year left of paying before the house is officially paid off and it’s about $15,000 left. My father in law passed away about two years again and the landlord didn’t... show more My ex father in law helped me get a house but it’s in his name. I have been paying rent as well as The property tax for the past ten years. I have one year left of paying before the house is officially paid off and it’s about $15,000 left. My father in law passed away about two years again and the landlord didn’t know until a few days ago. He came to me this morning and said he wants the 15k by the end of the month or he’s going to sell the house. He said he made the deal with my ex father in law not me but he knows I am the one who has been staying here and paying him monthly. I’ve worked hard for the past 10 years and I raised my 3 children here and to lose the house when I’m so close to finish paying it off sucks. I just want to know if there’s any legal route I can take to keep my house?
22 answers 22