How reliable is a 2007/8 Infiniti G35?

I am think of buying a used 2007/8 Infiniti G35 since they are not very expensive to get however I m a little concerned about its reLiability as it s a luxury car and those tend to be expensive to reapir. I ve looked online without success. Is the car reliable or I m better off buying another one?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Best answer

Lets just look at common repair costs if you can't work on it yourself...

Average oil change $80-$110

Front or rear brakes and rotors - $500 per pair

Leaking valve cover repair - $400

Front strut replacement - $450

Rear shock replacement - $400

Clutch replacement - $1200

Radiator Replacement - $450 - $950

CV Axle Shafts - $360 each

Automatic Transmission Rebuild - $2800 - $3800

Lower control arm bushing replacement - $800 per side (common)

Timing chain tensioner - $1000

Exhaust replacement - $1200

Headlight bulb replacement - $320 each

Camshaft sensor replacement - $300

Window motors - $300

Windshield Replacement - $300-$600

Fuel pump replacement - $600

• 1 year ago

I have an Infiniti with about 176k miles. Things seldom break, but they're pricey when they do. (Replacing the right-side mirror was nearly $700.) The local dealer will do the standard oil change for around $50.

• 1 year ago

Hi so as this particular make is actually a off shoot of another make intros case i believe it's a Honda or a Nissan. so as to days cars are designed to last just 7 years. it matters not what make it is the same rules apply. so a 10 year old car is not going to reliable. add to this the original warranty period was usually 3 years then it is logical that a this car is not going to be reliable hence the low retail cost of secondhand cars is going to be low.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

1st of all, buying any vehicle that's 10 years old will = it needing work just to be roadworthy; 2nd - the insurance will be higher than a non "luxury" vehicle; 3rd - look at the edmunds.com site for reviews of almost any vehicle

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.