Can you change a guy’s mind about relationships?

So I’m kinda interested in this guy in school and I kind of like him. I met him about two months ago in English class and we joke a lot, he’s chill and fun to talk to. He said he wants to hook up if I’m interested. We don’t talk outside of school but inside of school he’s flirty and touchy. We haven’t hooked up but... show more So I’m kinda interested in this guy in school and I kind of like him. I met him about two months ago in English class and we joke a lot, he’s chill and fun to talk to. He said he wants to hook up if I’m interested. We don’t talk outside of school but inside of school he’s flirty and touchy. We haven’t hooked up but I’m wondering if I could turn it into an actual relationship if I hold off and make him work a little? I think he’s really interested and attracted so maybe he’d be willing to put in effort to be with me. He’s not a major f-boy, and he said he had a girlfriend but he doesn’t see the point in relationships because they end quickly. Can you change someone’s mind if they think like that?

*BY THE WAY, by hook up i mean kissing and that type of stuff, nothing risky, just some basic hs stuff