Why do so many women tend to assume that men don't understand anything about them?

I am not meaning this as anything against women, but I am really just curious why, at least in my experience, the vast majority of women assume that men do not understand them and, because of that, refuse to talk to them about a lot of things, even if they clearly want to talk about them. I am wondering because as a man who was raised by a single mother and grew up with almost exclusively female friends, I know a lot more than most women assume I do and I always feel a little disrespected when they assume I am clueless, especially when they later decide to talk about what they thought I wouldn't understand and I understand everything very well.

• Alan H

Most women do not assume that, as anyone who remotely understands women would know.

• Tara

A woman usually can tell when a guy is not understanding how she feels / act / thinks .. and it usually is derived from the comments and actions of the guy.

• Spike

I on the other hand don't like how women pretend to understand men. Like I'm not gonna pretend to know what it's like to be a women, but they need to stop acting like it's easy being a man. Feminist acting like all I do is have sex and count my money. There is so much pain involved with being a man. It's cold, women can not get even close to understanding this sh*t. Being a stay at home mom isn't easy, but it's rewarding. You're watching your children grow into the humans you are shaping them into. We crush our souls to pay those bills, it's not f*ckin easy so by all means, let's trade places. Either that, or appreciate what the f*ck I'm doing, just as a I appreciate you.