Why do so many women tend to assume that men don't understand anything about them?

I am not meaning this as anything against women, but I am really just curious why, at least in my experience, the vast majority of women assume that men do not understand them and, because of that, refuse to talk to them about a lot of things, even if they clearly want to talk about them. I am wondering because as... show more I am not meaning this as anything against women, but I am really just curious why, at least in my experience, the vast majority of women assume that men do not understand them and, because of that, refuse to talk to them about a lot of things, even if they clearly want to talk about them. I am wondering because as a man who was raised by a single mother and grew up with almost exclusively female friends, I know a lot more than most women assume I do and I always feel a little disrespected when they assume I am clueless, especially when they later decide to talk about what they thought I wouldn't understand and I understand everything very well.