Anonymous

The guy who works with my father winked at me. What does it mean?

I'm sure he-s not flirting because he works with my dad and calls me 'hey kid' so it's not about that. So why? Since I did not offer him coffee on purpose (last time I asked a question about this) he has changed a lo towards me, he's friendlier and nicer to me and asked me how's going at school, how are my grades, what I think about this team etc..., at first he told me 'do I teach you how to braid your hair?' When I offered him to help him with the boxes. Anyway, why did he wink at me? To make me uncomfortable? He said 'bye kid' winking at me.

So this is what happened (I know it's long): https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181... There's no need to tell my dad all in all he's nice guy hee just nswered back unpolitely on purpose and I'm still mad at him for this that's why I didn't make for him. But why friendlier now?

"Hey kid" and "Bye kid" seem like all he can say or do. If he makes you uncomfortable then don't make eye contact with him. You know if you do, he will just wonk at you. He seems to have winking down pat. LOL!! I wonder if that is all he does. If you don't like him, then just don't talk to him and don't look at him. He will get tired of trying to catch your attention. If you tell you father there might be a backlash, or some repercussions and exactly what would you tell your father? "He winked at me?" That is not a crime, and your father can't fire him for that. I wouldn't want to be the reason some guy got fired, would you?

• WinterRose
      2 years agoReport

Thanks for the BA!

He likes you

He wants you

your reasons for ruling it as "non flirting" are flawed

• Helen

Don't be one of those people. Just dont.

It doesn't mean anything, you're his colleague's kid - he's trying to be nice. If you continue this ridiculous mentality, you are going to get innocent people fired. Men are getting fired and branded sexual predators because they "brushed past" the shoulder of a woman in the corridor. If he made you uncomfortable, then by all means keep an eye on it, but don't make something out of nothing.

Its his cute little innocent way of letting you know hes down if you ever want to spin on him like a wet teacup

If he never did this before and his being nicer than usual you need to talk to your father about it. the guy might be up to something

• Jerome

Stop trying to figure out why. You know what is wrong and that is enough. Go to your father immediately and tell him how you feel.

You don't know much about flirting.

He was letting you know in a subtle way he doesn't view you as a kid. What? I dont know.

Why? I don't care.

TELL YOUR FATHER.

Winking is flirting. You might be underage, you might not be. But winking is a sign that he thinks you and he have some kind of special friendship or connection.

• susan
      2 years agoReport

Or... he might be a habitual flirt who treats all the same and means nothing at all by it.