Forge a quit claim deed to reclaim my home.?

A tennent forged a quit claim and got title to my house. Cops dont care and say its civil. Well the cost and burdon is alot. Why not just take whats mine and let him persue remedy.

5 Answers

  • 2 years ago
    Favourite answer

    If you gave nothing to the police but your verbal complaint and wanting a resolution, such as money, that IS a civil matter. You have to sue to get back what is yours. However, if you have the forged document, you can take that to them and have him charged with forgery. However, it isn't quite that simple. You have to prove that the document is a forgery. You are the one wanting action so, nobody else is going to do this for you. Hire a lawyer, who will hire a handwriting expert - expert witness, you sue the guy and when it is declared a forgery, you can get your house back and you can also have him criminally charged. It is unfortunate that this will cost you money but, you rented to a bad guy and those are the consequences.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 2 years ago

    Forgery is a crime. Take it to the police.

  • 2 years ago

    It IS civil. Forgery ought to be fairly simple to prove.

    You can't just "take what's yours" because he now has a title tot he home. In the eyes of the law, it's his.

  • 2 years ago

    find an attorney

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    So he says. File a quit claim and take the property back. Get it recorded at the court house. The name on the records at the court house is the person who pays the taxes and the person who pays the taxes is the owner of the house. Go down to the court house and tell them what is going on and they will have the cops put a stop to this nonsense. No body can mess with the county records.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.