Funeral attire? Hurry!?

I’m going to funeral in the morning and I need outfit suggestions. My idea is a black shirt with a black skirt with either black or maroon pantyhose. The only shoes I have are mushroom colored booties (only other shoes are boots or I have some black velvet heels). The skirt has a pattern but it’s not noticeable unless you are close to it. Outfit idea 2 is a black dress with white flowers and white sandal but it’s a older person funeral so I keep going back to no white after Labor Day thing 😆

• PAMELA

Outfit one is fine, people are more relaxed these days about funeral dress, and black is not always worn,i went to a funeral recently and wore a navy skirt with a lighter blue blouse and navy shoes, some people wore light coloured clothes.

Unless you are a one of the chief mourners anything neutrally coloured and smart is regarded as appropriate where I am.

• mokrie

First outfit sounds best and I would go with black heels.

Don't know where you live....

in my area (the west coast) white after labor day has never been a thing people think about.

Additionally, most people who go to funerals don't wear black.