Verify it for sure, I just had 45 minutes on the phone with some guy saying I won the Consumer Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, which is 100% phony bogus. He was supposedly an attourney and he did make 3 mistakes during the phone call but the clincher was when he said I needed to pay $1,400 to clear the customs fee on the check that was to be presented by courier this Thursday between 9 and 11am.
Yeah sure, I'm not that stupid.
1. sweepstakes in this country are not international, money won't come from outside the USA.
2. His law firm didn't have the right title, you don't say LLC.
3. I was second winner, then third, then back to second in the course of the conversation.
4. NO sweepstakes charges a penny from any winner. EVER.
5. He called the FCC the FTC twice.
6. He hesitated on key information.
7. He was REALLY reluctant to give me his phone number.
If you go online and plug in the name Consumer Clearinghouse Sweepstakes it comes up immediately as 'organized crime' and bogus on every URL on Google's page for it.