T asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

how do Republicans feel that The the United States' reputation saw a dramatic upward shift during Obama's presidency?

293 Answers

Relevance
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Perhaps they are looking it at from a Nazi point of view. Remember Charlottesville, that rally in which a Liberal young woman was killed and about nineteen other persons injured with a car, and swastikas were displayed. Trump was rather supportive of the Nazis then. Perhaps the Commander in Chief is slipping C4 to White Supremacists or something, God only knows. You are asking about Republicans' "feelings", begging the question of whether they actually do have any feelings. Scary to think what such "feelings" might be.

• They liked him because they knew he was a wimp and they could push him around. They dislike Trump because they cannot do similarly with him. Europeans only like us when they need us. Don't you know that by now. Read some history.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They don't. They attempt to spin and deny.

• Mike
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

You are so painfully stupid Melissa and wrong.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

It makes them feel better. They are not empathetically considering anyone else's feelings. Republicans "justify" animal experimentation by believing that the "data" yielded is useful, but it is not useful. Experimenters at UCLA sew two mice together and inject them with bacteria to watch them die together in horrible agony of septicemia, and Republicans think that that is somehow useful. They are wrong, but they are not feeling their pain. They beat badgers to death for their fur to make their shaving brushes and paint brushes. They are wrongheaded.

• RICHARD
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

If such experimentation is not useful, why does it occur at a liberal college like UCLA?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I don't think republicans can see the greatness of Obama because of his skin color which is what is wrong with this country. When we get over the fact that slaves built this nation and get credit for it and realize the murder of an entire nation is what created this country, we may have a better understanding of the future because the clown we are dealing with now is terribly off course accept for the racist and russians

• Scott1 year agoReport

Americans haven't concerned themselves with color or race for a few generations now. There's always gonna be a few idiots...but nobody cares that he was a black man. I didn't like him because I don't agree with his politics... that's all...

• 1 year ago

I don't think it was a dramatic upward shift.

I think some people saw us in higher standing and some saw us as weak.

We started to adopt systems and customs that other countries think is better than the ones that made us the most prosperous country in the world, and we started acting more like them...naturally, people like people and countries that share the same thinking. But that's not what America was ever supposed to be...

We are our own nation with our own culture and way of doing things. We shouldn't care what others think of it's not in OUR best interest.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for allies and friends...but not at the cost of who we are, and what is best for us. Our healthcare is a wreck now. Our enemies are stronger, and our people are weaker as a whole.

I don't care if others like that or if it helped them feel better.

I'm an American before a Republican or Democrat. I hope that helps you understand a Republicans way of thinking a little bit, friend.

• 1 year ago

What dramatic upward shift? All I saw while Obama was President was a country who was the laughing stock of the world

• Tim1 year agoReport

Warren, agreed. Obama was too busy kissing their asses and they were laughing at us behind our back. They fear Trump, as they feared Reagan and Bush. So, if they "hate" us, good. Be afraid. We are the big dog.

• 1 year ago

Republicans look to the future, not to the past

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You're question does not make sense. I think you meant to ask is how do Republicans feel about the fact Obama improved the reputation of the USA abroad. They pretended it was not happening. That was how they reacted. Republicans tried to portray Obama as incompetent and bought into their own propaganda.

• DS M
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

OBama is the racist bastard that forced Black to the back of employment lines like Dems forced Blacks to the back of the bus. He is the SOB that killed Gaddafi to destabilized the Middle East. He gave Iran the bomb and $250,000,000,000 to sponsor terrorism around the world. He is an amoral SOB

• 1 year ago

not at all surprising that anything that includes the term "feel" is so devoid of real-world facts...

in 2016, the BBC reported that U.S. relations with its strongest traditional allies, Israel, Germany and the UK were at 50-year lows... moderates in Japan were calling for the nation to re-arm for the first time since the end of WW2 due to the lack of American leadership in the Pacific...N.Korea was launching missiles at will and Russia became the most influential power in the Middle East...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.