Who should I contact if I'm receiving past-due notices for things I've never bought/subscribed to?

Recently I've been getting past-due notices from AT&T, a magazine, and a few other miscellaneous companies. I've never purchased or subscribed to any of their products. I've called each company several times to try and correct this, but nothing's changed. How do I go about ending this issue?

• D50

You might check your credit report. It's possible your info has been stolen and people have been buying things pretending to be you.

First, and most importantly, you should stop calling.

You should communicate only in writing, without using the phone.

I'm pretty sure that this is a scam some companies use to try to get information out of you. If you haven't subscribed to something and you still get a letter/email/call (You didnt specify) about it, just dont answer them. The issue usually resolves itself in this way, as you never hear from them again.

who cares..ifyou dont own anything...who cares..i keep getting these emails.on purchases made with my ..pay pal account, andsome are in the 500,1000 dollar range.....too bad i dont have a pay pal account.....lol.....

• paul

you have been hacked