TJ asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 years ago

Receiving parking tickets in the mail for the person I bought my home from?

I'm constantly receiving notices from New York City regarding old unpaid parking tickets as well as new ones issued to the guy I bought my house from.

Not only has he not lived here in 15 years, I have no idea where he moved to. He's also deceased. I've made several calls to the DOT, DMV, NYPD, NYC traffic courts, etc. and have filled out forms indicating that the person in question no longer resides at that address (or on the planet, for that matter). I've been told numerous times that records will be updated, but they never are.

At one point, police officers executed an arrest warrant based on the amount of unpaid tickets. I explained the situation and they even radioed their supervisor, yet nothing changed.

What can I do here?

4 Answers

  • 2 years ago

    You need to return each and every envelope as "MOVED 15 years ago". Let them deal with the deceased part of it.

  • 2 years ago

    Write "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS - RTS" on each and every piece of first class mail you receive for him, and return it to the box. Eventually, they'll get the hint.

  • 2 years ago

    You mark them "return to sender address unknown" and hand them back to the post office.

    Then you go back to not caring.

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    Go to the Post Office and ask them. It seems to me that they would have a way to stop delivering them It won't stop the city from sending he but it will keep them out of your mailbox.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.