TJ asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 years ago

Why am I getting 0 points for some answers?

Some of the answers I give are saying I got 0 points. Why?

You get 0 pts for questions which already have best answers rewarded and 0 pts for answering your own questions

If you are answering your own question, that is how the system is set up, as well as being unable to award your answer on your question the best answer.

If you are answering another person's question that already has a best answer, the system says that you earned zero points, but it often times does actually award you the two points for the answer despite what the message says. It's an old left over from long ago that was never corrected.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • Daniel

You are still getting the 2 Points that's the Default message for if you Answer a Question that has the Best Answer Picked In the Past Yahoo did not Allow you to Answer Questions that had a Best Answer on it now they do they just never Reprogrammed it to say 2 points

Because you don't get points if you answer a question with a BA already picked.

oh dear more flukes...sorry to hear that

If a Best Answer has already been chosen for a question (and that's apparent when you click in the question as the answer at the top would show as BA), you don't get points for answering it. You also don't get points if you post in the answer area of your own question.

Otherwise, you get 2 pts for every open question you answer (that does not yet have a BA selected).

Hmm, good question. I hope I get more for this one.

Because you're either answering your own questions or answering a question after a Best Answer has been chosen.