Does friends with benefits really work?

I told this guy I really like him as a friend and that I didn't want to ruin our friendship with sex. And this is what he said but people always say sex ruins friendships. Me:Well, I really like you as a friend that's why I bought you a present for your birthday and I don't want sex to ruin it.... show more I told this guy I really like him as a friend and that I didn't want to ruin our friendship with sex. And this is what he said but people always say sex ruins friendships.

Me:Well, I really like you as a friend that's why I bought you a present for your birthday and I don't want sex to ruin it.

Him:Sex will only ruin it if you want something more that I'm not willing to give. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. That's what I do.

**I was the one who mentioned sex to him. I asked him if he wanted to be friends with benefits. He never said anything to me about sex until I asked him. Before I ever asked him about having sex he had asked me to hangout.**