How do I help my boyfriend get through the death of his wife and child?

His wife and daughter died in a wreck 20 years ago. He still struggles with it everyday. To the point where he left one Friday and I did not hear from him for two days. He lied about where he was and what he was doing and after almost a week he finally told me the truth. It was Thier anniversary and he went to the... show more His wife and daughter died in a wreck 20 years ago. He still struggles with it everyday. To the point where he left one Friday and I did not hear from him for two days. He lied about where he was and what he was doing and after almost a week he finally told me the truth. It was Thier anniversary and he went to the spot he proposed and Thier grave and fished in between. I was so worried about him. I don’t know if something bad had happened. He lied and said he was offshore fishing. I knew he was lying and I already thought it had something to do with them. When he finally came home after 5 days and the truth...I didn’t complain. I was glad he came back and was ok. I listened and hugged him. It’s been two weeks since he disappeared. I was mad because I didn’t know where he was and if he was ok. I told him not to be ashamed and never forget them. Since then things have been rocky. He left again last night and didn’t come back. Won’t answer anyones calls or text.he keeps saying he wants to be here but I won’t stop reminding him of his lie. Which reminds him of the whole weekend. What I’m trying to figure out is what am I suppose to do or say? Nothing? Just let him come and go as he pleases because of why? It does not seem fair to me to wonder where he is. And I don’t think he should put me in that spot no matter where he is still going through. Am I wrong? I ask myself is he using this to go do whatever. I would hope not. But here I sit. Alone. Again.