What size cake pan?

I’m baking a cake for a party this weekend and I have four boxes of cake mix. What size pan should I use? I want to at least have two layers I think anyway. I was thinking of stacking 4 13x9 cakes but it may be to heavy. Any advice be great?

How many people are going to the party?

Try using 6 round cake pans. Cut the tops off with a long knife, Ice and stack four of them two high, then add the last to an the tops of the four base cakes.

Lay 2 of the 13X9 cakes next to each other. Put a layer of frosting on the top. Lay the other 2 13X9 cakes on top of those then frost. You will have a very large cake It will be the size of a 1/2 sheet pan. If you lay all 4 side by side it will be the size of a full sheet pan. The full sheet pan will serve 60 to 80 people. The half (two 13X9 cakes) will serve 30 to 40 but if you stack them it should still serve 60 to 80 as the slices will be a bit smaller.

Transporting 2 cakes that are 1/2 sheet pan size will be easier. I put 2 cakes 13X9 side by side and frost it on a cookie sheet or the bottom of a 1/2 sheet pan. Very sturdy way to carry the cakes

and if you have not yet made the cakes you could do 2 chocolate and 2 white so there is an option.

if you use dowels and platforms between the layers you can stack 4 cakes..without the support system, the top layers will flatten the bottom layer and you will have wasted the cake.

Nikki P's advice is sound.