What should I do about my dad (read below)?

We have been working on a remodel at one of our rental homes for just about as long as I've been on Yahoo. It's not that difficult of a remodel, but my dad took years to decide the layout. But that's not the problem right now. We are actually at a point where we've moved beyond the framing and are... show more We have been working on a remodel at one of our rental homes for just about as long as I've been on Yahoo. It's not that difficult of a remodel, but my dad took years to decide the layout.

But that's not the problem right now. We are actually at a point where we've moved beyond the framing and are doing plumbing and electrical. Last week, we had an electrical contractor doing the wiring, and an HVAC contractor taking care of that end. they were supposed to be done by the end of the day on Thursday, so that we could call the inspector on Friday.

That didn't happen.

Friday morning, my dad went down with his two favorite employees, and called both contractors. They indicated that they would like to be paid by the end of the day, and he said, "Okay, come on out." He then (I am told) hid his checkbook in his employee's truck. He waited until the end of the day, when they weren't done, and said he didn't know where his checkbook was.

The resulting chaos almost ended with my dad being assaulted by the two contractors, if his employee hadn't stepped in and saved his life. I was notified, and I called my mom, because she is the other authorized check writer. She drove clear out to Southeast Portland from Lake Oswego to clear it up, and as she was writing the check, my dad fired the employee who told me.

Since then, Mom and I have been trying to convince him that what he did was immoral. He refuses to see, throwing up excuse after excuse for his behavior. What the hell do I do?