Boyfriend has the chance to get a job that travels, but he doesn t want to take it because he thinks I won t go.. Should I travel with him?

Okay, so, me and my boyfriend have been living together for 6 months, and he s an electrician. He has a job opportunity with another company making 25+ an hour, plus travel pay, that would take him to places like Tennessee, Arizona, and North Carolina so far (those are some of the locations if the job sites).

I have a gypsy soul. I ve always wanted to travel the world, meet new people, and learn new things. The only thing that concerns me is I have a 4 year old brother that I don t want to miss growing up. My other brother (19) moved to Texas and doesn t communicate with the family at all anymore (except me every other week).

Family means a lot to me. I don t want to let them down or miss out on being with them.

So should I go travel with my boyfriend and buy an iPad to FaceTime them everyday, and visit every 6 months, or should I stay here and let him take a job that will offer him so much less than he deserves, while also not letting jyself get the experiences I want?

Any advice helps. Thanks.

How old are you? If you're at least 18 and can afford to get yourself home if your relationship fails, then go with the traveling. It won't really be for long and you may never get another chance.

It sounds like you're not ready to grow up and separate from your family just yet. Don't hold your BF back, let him go and be a successful adult, and you stay behind and watch your little brother grow up.

i would travel if thats what you wanted to do

• -

Not enough information to give an informative answer. How old are you? You said you've been living together for six months but how long have you been dating? Do you have a job? How does your family feel about this?

Nobody can answer this question for you, but it sounds to me like you may have moved in too soon with your bf. This isn't a moral issue, it's a practical one. Moving in together is a huge step, and before doing it, the 2 of you need to be on the same page about all major life decisions. I think it's very possible that if you hadn't moved in with him, you wouldn't even be considering leaving to go far away. IOW, you've forced yourself into feeling like it's taking a step back in your relationship if you stay. So you might have been unfair to yourself.

I really wish you had given your age, but people have all sorts of time to travel before settling down. After I graduated college, I moved with a friend halfway across country and spent the next 4 years having a blast - traveling, learning to be an independent young woman, partying, jump starting careers etc. I met my husband towards the end of this.

Like I said, nobody can tell you what to do, but the fact that you're asking the question, and also giving him the impression you're not ready for this yet, tells me it may be too soon for you. If you end up staying for now, you still may have a problem when he says he won't take the opportunity if you don't go. Are you absolutely sure your relationship is serious enough that you'd be comfortable with him giving up something like this because you don't want to do it yet?

• You don't have to go on every trip he takes. If some thing important comes up with your family and you can't go with him, let him know and he should understand. You can still communicate with him when he's travelling.

My husband used to travel for work, I couldn't always go with him because I worked part time.

When I couldn't go with him, we would text or talk on our phones a lot.

I say go for it

and get that ipad to facetime with your brother.

You can see many new places and should the absolute worst happen and you find its not what you thought, you can come back.

You need to grab opportunities when you can, there is a HUGE wide world out there ready to be explored.

Keeping in touch is SO easy now and travel is cheaper than its ever been

go, have an adventure!

Why do you have to go with him? Isn't your child a priority? I'd never do that. My bf is a master electrician and has traveled several times. I stayed home.