Are public hospitals better for the economy than private?

Actually they are because they allow the uninsured to be treated at the earliest stages of their diseases which in turn lowers the total long term cost of treatment

• J M

no

yes much so health care in the US is only for the rich and they get ripped off

• jimmy

There is no such thing as a private hospital in my country. Hospitals in my country are not a money making business.

• Yes. The British National Health System (NHS) provides free coverage. The British healthcare system is more efficient than the American system.

I do not believe that health care is an appropriate place to wring folks out of whatever they can afford to pay for something that is necessary to their well-being.

Depends mine in my area doesnt overcharge for operations and double the prices

The free market is always better for the economy.

That said those 'private' hospitals may be nothing more than crony capitalist ventures.

Do not know about better for the economy, but they sure take better care of their patients (unless you are filthy rich)

I would much rather stay in a hospital that was not dedicated to getting every last cent out of me.

No.