How should I go about this so as not to offend an old friend?

I have a friend that I knew since I was a teenager (I am now middle-aged). We lost touch for over 30 years. I looked her up a few years ago just to see how she was doing. We got together a couple of times and I noticed that she had changed. She remained single with no children and smokes. I am divorced with... show more I have a friend that I knew since I was a teenager (I am now middle-aged). We lost touch for over 30 years. I looked her up a few years ago just to see how she was doing. We got together a couple of times and I noticed that she had changed. She remained single with no children and smokes. I am divorced with children and do not smoke. I feel that we have changed.

After three and a half years out of the blue, she came back all of the sudden on a text and wanted to get together right away. I don't know why but I have this weird gut feeling to not get together with her but just to keep in touch by phone. I made an excuse to not get together. Should I go with my gut feeling? Or give in and get together with this old friend?