denim asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

Is it bad that I don't take anything for granted?

I wouldn't say "anything" but most things. (Don't wanna generalize)

It's like I don't feel entitled to anything and honestly it's a horrible thing. My 'friends' (cause idk if they consider me a friend even if they say they do) have to say "yes we included you too" all the time otherwise I couldn't know and I doubt everything I do because what if I'm wrong? Idk people say "don't take anything for granted" well I'm thankful every day for everything I have and it's not very fun.

• indeed

Being grateful is a choice. So you are choosing to have gratitude for things in your life. There is nothing wrong with it but what I don't get is, why do you say it's not fun? Does that mean you aren't enjoying being grateful? That is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Ummm...You’re asking if NOT taking things for granted is a problem?... what? I mean it’s great to be thankful for everything you have, but don’t let that inhibit you from enjoying all the things your parents and ancestors before worked hard for to give you.