How get the damp smell out of clean laundry?

Ok so I usually have to do my washing at night and I put it under the fan to dry as I don’t have a dryer.

The next day even after the clothes are dry they get a yuck smell to them especially the shirts.

Now Iv read somethings online about maybe putting vinegar or borax in the machine but the property I live at has a biocycle system where I have to use environmentally friendly products like earths choice.

I even have to watch what laundry powder I use.

Do any suggestions for smelly washing?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Get rid

• Jan C
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Rewash in hot water, detergent and add a cup of white vinegar.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I do not have a dryer and i dry my clothes on lines above the washing machine - nothing smells bad ever. I suggest u wash with higher temperature - i always wash 60 celsius and remove from washing machine immediately. Also running washing machine wiout laundry with chlorine would kill anythkng growing inside. And screw them with their environment -- if i have mould inside your washing machine and u wash on low temperature u re damaging your own health

• 2 years ago

If you have a front facing washing machine you might want to pull out the drawer and clean any residue that's inside it. The compartment for the softener can often get backed up. Check on the roof of where the drawer is as well because you can get mildew there. Make a habit of leaving the drawer open and washing it off every couple of weeks.

Also check the rubber lining on the door. It might be in need of cleaning as well.

Sorry if it's not a front facing machine, but I have only used them, and I've had a similar problem before.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Try some baking soda

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Vinegar is organic, give it a try.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.