Swimming with a new nostril piercing?

So I basically got my parents to agree to the piercing as a birthday present but I still have a good few weeks of the school swim season and summer swim is going to start up right after that ends for me. I'm moving to a new state right in the middle of the summer and which is right by the ocean as well so water... show more So I basically got my parents to agree to the piercing as a birthday present but I still have a good few weeks of the school swim season and summer swim is going to start up right after that ends for me. I'm moving to a new state right in the middle of the summer and which is right by the ocean as well so water is going to be kind of a constant in my life.

Is there anything I can do to like cover it or not expose it as much to the water? I know that it takes a total of six months to heal completely and I'm not really able to avoid water for that amount of time so, should I just forget about it? Will it be okay if I just clean it really well right after I get out?

I really want to get this piercing but since it's going to be right in the middle of my face I'm not sure it's worth the risk of having an infection or something...